As everyone is now acutely aware, one of the great purveyors of truth, George Carlin 'expired' this week. Carlin spent 50 years teaching Americans how stupid they could be - you'd think people would have learned by now!
Case in point. I was reading the New York Times this week two days after his death and ran across this headline: "Many normal weight teenagers feel fat". I was expected to take this as news. It turns out, scientists in Europe had spent time and money to discover something I learned by talking to females. Worse still, this was not the first study performed! The study concluded that 75% of average weight females felt fat. One would have thought that with such overwhelming numbers they could have stopped after one study.
Meanwhile, my friend told me that water had been confirmed on Mars. I read the NY Times, CNN, Washington Post and CBS on a daily basis and had to learn this from my friend! What is wrong with this world?
So, in conclusion as George would say "some people are stupid", "some people are full of sh**" and some are just "f*****g nuts" - journalists must be all three!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment